The major renovation of the Shooting Range in Kaisariani is entering the final stretch, following the announcement by the municipal Authority that the relevant study has secured all the necessary permits and approvals and is now ready for auction.
In fact, according to the full plan, the reconstruction of the Shooting Range will be integrated architecturally with the renovation of the central square of the city and the exterior of the Church of the Assumption. These two reconstructions, will constitute an architectural integration, in order to achieve a connection between the two emblematic points of the city.
Among other things, the reconstruction of the historical park includes the creation of an open theater and a special area for sports activities, as well as the historical night club “Harama”, where the legendary singer Vassilis Tsitsanis performed.
What the plan includes
Specifically, the plan includes:
– Creation of an 800 seat open-air theater.
– Renovation of the historical entertainment center “Harama”.
– Creation of a small track with open sports facilities around it.
– Renovation of the green spaces and installation of open sports facilities with state-of-the-art exercise equipment (exercise tree).
– Renovation of the offices of the Gun Club.
A cultural hub
– The site of the Gun Club offices will be renovated and transformed into a multi-cultural space, which will include a library, art workshops, a reading room, which will also function as a youth hangout, as well as dressing rooms that will serve the needs of the open theater. This will be built right in front of the multipurpose hall.
– The reconstruction of the historical entertainment center “Harama” will include the renovation of the main historical hall (preserved intact), which will be named “Tsitsanis Hall” in honor of the great composer, who performed in this music venue for 15 years. Concerts and musical events will be hosted there. In the renovated building there will also be an event hall and conference space, a room for dance, folk music, and traditional instrument classes, dressing rooms, as well as a local radio station.
Mild intervention at the Shooting Range
– The open space outside the altar of the Shooting Range will undergo mild intervention with the installation of shading infrastructure.
– Where the clay court is located, a small training track will be created and state-of-the-art fitness equipment will be placed around it.
– In the area under the track bordering the city’s schools, the unnecessary concrete structures will be removed and the greenery will be enhanced.
– The fountain square, behind the Near East sports complex, will be redeveloped to remove the uneven structures and form a single, level, accessible space with floor lighting and water jets.
– The exercise tree will be placed at the lower end of the park, near the entrance to the Shooting Range. The tree is an example of pioneering Italian design for outdoor fitness spaces and will be one of the few in the country.
The significance of the Shooting Range
On 1 May 1944, 200 Greek communists (“The 200 of Kaisariani”) were executed at the Shooting Range by the Nazi occupation authorities as reprisal for the killing of a German general by Greek Resistance forces.
Οι φουρτούνες των αρχηγών, η μεγάλη κίνηση της Google, το παζάρι στις Βρυξέλλες και το χάος στα υποθηκοφυλακεία
Reports: Leaders at southern EU member-states’ summit to condemn latest Turkish threats against Greece
Also participating will be European Council President Charles Michel and European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen
Greek 10-year bond sends borrowing costs to over 5%
The bond markets in the Eurozone, including that of Greece, are under strong pressure this morning
Greek Tour. Min.: Tourism is a direct return economy
Minister Kikilias noted that 2022 showed that tourism is the "steam engine" of the Greek economy
Dev. Min.: Greek triple record this year in investments, exports and tourism
All the big investments that were "stuck" for a number of years are in the implementation phase, said the Minister of Development
Greek tourism org. promotes the culinary traditions of Thessaly in Spain
With one of the world's leading chefs as the protagonist, the filming of a popular travel show took place in various areas of Thessaly
EBRD: Greek economy set to grow by 5.2% in 2022 and 2.2% in 2023
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development sets the bar high for the growth of the Greek economy in 2022
New poll shows what Greeks feel about parties, Erdogan’s comments against Mitsotakis, and subsidies
What Greeks think about Turks, the economy, politics - The findings of a new poll
Greek cabinet greenlights eight infrastructure projects through expropriations
The proposal of the Minister of Infrastructure and Transport, Kostas Karamanlis
Greek carpet firm Biokarpet registers increase in turnover and EBITDA
Company investments and plans
Greek PM Mitsotakis: Great news in the fight against high energy prices
Letter to commissioner Simson initiated by Greece, Italy, Belgium and Poland signed by a total of 15 EU member states