The Hellenic Statistical Authority announced the Turnover Index in Industry with base year 2015=100.0 for June 2022, the evolution of which on the basis of provisional data, is as follows:
The Overall Turnover Index in Industry (both Domestic and Non-Domestic Market) in June 2022 recorded an increase of 43.1% compared with the corresponding index of June 2021. The Overall Turnover Index in Industry in June 2021 increased by 22.7% compared with the corresponding index in June 2020.
The Overall Turnover Index in Industry in June 2022, compared with May 2022, recorded an increase of 6.4%.
The average Overall Turnover Index in Industry for the 12-month period from July 2021 to June 2022 increased by 36.8%, compared with the corresponding index of the 12-month period from July 2020 to June 2021. The average Overall Turnover Index in Industry for the 12-month period from July 2020 to June 2021 increased by 2.6% compared with the corresponding
index of the 12-month period from July 2019 to June 2020.
The 43.1% increase in the Overall Turnover Index in Industry in June 2022, compared with the corresponding index in
June 2021, was due to the following:
1. Changes in the sub-indices of the industrial sections:
▪ The Turnover Index in Manufacturing increased by 43.6%. The increase was mainly the result of the annual changes of the sub-indices in the following 2-digit divisions: coke and refined petroleum products, basic metals, chemicals and chemical products, food.
▪ The Turnover Index in Mining and quarrying increased by 4.4%. The increase was mainly the result of the annual changes of the sub-indices in the following 2-digit divisions: mining of coal and lignite – extraction of crude petroleum and natural gas – mining support service activities, other mining and quarrying products.
2. Changes in the sub-indices in Domestic and Non-Domestic Markets:
▪ The Turnover Index in Industry in Domestic Market increased by 45.6% (Table 2).
▪ The Turnover Index in Industry in Non-Domestic Market increased by 39.1% (Table 3).
Google: Cloud region in Greece to add more than 2 bln€ to local GDP by 2030
A cloud region usually is based around a cluster of data centers
ND continues to field high single-digit lead over SYRIZA, in latest Metron Analysis poll
The results from the poll give center-right ND an 8.4-percentage point lead over leftist SYRIZA
EU Commission president von der Leyen departs Athens earlier than planned
Mitsotakis and von der Leyen will meet again on Saturday in Sofia.
Aria Hotels strengthens Greek portfolio with 360o Residences in Kefalonia
What the deal entails
Moody’s: The Greek economy will “slow down” in 2023 – What will elections augur?
The international ratings agency predicts a slowdown in growth next year and estimates what the debt will look like in future
Greek PM Mitsotakis: Google’s investment will bring 2 billion euros and 20,000 new jobs
The prime minister emphasized that the new investment shows the global giant's trust in Greece
Greek Energy Min.: DEPA Commercial agreement with TotalEnergies will ensure energy sufficiency
DEPA Commerce signed an agreement for the supply of LNG over the next five months
Pepsico Hellas: 41.5% leap in 2021 turnover
The merger of TASTY FOODS ABGE with PEPSICO-IVI made a decisive contribution to the increase in consolidated turnover
Greek economy can prevail without a new exit to markets
Considerations for a reissue by the end of the year and the high cost of borrowing
Dimand creates the largest logistics hub in Northern Greece
The company acquired land with a total area of 35.56 hectares